1) Readers want books that publishers have ignored for years.
2) I can make more money on e-pubbing my backlist than I made when I first sold the books.
3) If publishers don’t intend to keep a book in the store or sell it on-line, then they should automatically revert those rights to the authors so the authors can put the books out there for readers to find. To do otherwise is just plain rude.
4) Social media is a time suck and I’m bad at it, but readers are beautiful and respond when I stutter abominably.
5) All those geeks who declared that information just wants to be free are now driving Lamborghinis and wearing Rolexes by selling advertising.